Navigator Career Workshops®
The Rikleen Institute For Strategic Leadership offers customized Navigator Career Workshops® that provide detailed training in areas critical to career success and leadership development. Topics include:
Developing Effective Multigenerational Teams
As the Millennial Generation moves towards becoming the majority of the workforce, Boomers, Gen Xers, and Millennials face a variety of challenges in developing effective multigenerational teams. Drawing on the detailed research in You Raised Us, Now Work With Us: Millennials, Career Success and Building Strong Workplace Teams, this Workshop provides concrete tools to separate myth from reality, bridge the communications gap, and develop effective strategies to ensure successful cross-generational teamwork and promote continued institutional excellence. This Workshop can be customized for audiences of separate generations or for intergenerational groups.
Removing Unconscious Bias from the Workplace
Even as supervising professionals bring a good faith approach to the assignment, evaluation, and promotion processes, a substantial body of research demonstrates how our unconscious biases can inadvertently disadvantage others in these decisions. Understanding this dynamic is integral to the implementation of workplace procedures that minimize the intrusion of unconscious bias.
This training program can:
• Help those who assign and evaluate the work product of others recognize how unconscious biases impact decision-making; and
• Provide strategies for developing and implementing processes that minimize the impact of unconscious biases.
Strategies for Career Success
This workshop provides professionals the compass they need to navigate the workplace and their career successfully. Custom-tailored to meet the specific goals of clients, the workshop can be offered in multiple or single sessions.
In a confidential and interactive setting, participants receive career guidance on such issues as:
• Positioning yourself as a “go to” professional.
• Developing the leadership skills you need to advance in your career.
• Cultivating mentoring relationships and developing champions for your advancement.
• Creating a self-evaluation that showcases your skills.
• Integrating business generation skills into your life.
• Keeping yourself, your family, and your work-life intact while building your career.
• Managing work-life integration while learning to live with ambiguity.
• Working within and across generations.
Deploying Strategic Leadership to Reach the Next Level
With each level of seniority achieved, the need to think strategically about leadership growth and development remains critical to career success. Whether you seek or are in a management role, lead a team of colleagues, or serve in your community or profession, each leadership position brings its challenges and career impacts. This Workshop provides the tools you will need to understand what it means to be an effective leader, and to identify and pursue your leadership interests in a way that meets your strategic goals.
To learn more about the workshops of the Rikleen Institute, please contact Lauren directly at LRikleen [at] RikleenInstitute [dot] com.